Texas State Bobcats @ Arkansas State Red Wolves
Current Records: Texas State 6-4, Arkansas State 5-5
How To Watch
- When: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 3 p.m. ET
- Where: Centennial Bank Stadium — Jonesboro, Arkansas
- TV: ESPN+
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Fubo (Try for free) Fubo’s holiday offer just kicked off – For a limited time, new subscribers can save $40 on Fubo’s Pro, Elite, and Premier plans ($20 off the first and second months)
- Ticket Cost: $14.00
What to Know
Arkansas State will be in front of their home fans on Saturday, but a look at the spread shows they might need that home-field advantage. The Arkansas State Red Wolves and the Texas State Bobcats will face off in a Sun Belt West battle at 3:00 p.m. ET at Centennial Bank Stadium. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they’ll have plenty of motivation to get the ‘W’.
Arkansas State scored first but ultimately less than South Alabama in their matchup on Saturday. They took a 21-14 hit to the loss column at the hands of the Jaguars. Arkansas State has struggled against South Alabama recently, as their contest on Saturday was their fifth consecutive lost matchup.
Meanwhile, the point spread may have favored Texas State last Saturday, but the final result did not. They fell 31-23 to Coastal Carolina.
Despite the defeat, Texas State got a solid performance out of Malik Hornsby, who rushed for 52 yards and two touchdowns.
Arkansas State’s loss dropped their record down to 5-5. As for Texas State, their defeat dropped their record down to 6-4.
Not only did both teams lose their last games, but neither team managed to cover the spread. Looking ahead, Texas State is the favorite in this one, as the experts expect to see them win by three points. This contest will be Arkansas State’s eighth straight as the underdogs (so far over this stretch they are 5-2 against the spread).
Arkansas State couldn’t quite finish off Texas State when the teams last played back in November of 2022 and fell 16-13. Will Arkansas State have more luck at home instead of on the road? Check CBS Sports after the match for a full breakdown of the game, commentary, and other college football content.
Texas State is a 3-point favorite against Arkansas State, according to the latest college football odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Bobcats as a 3.5-point favorite.
The over/under is set at 59.5 points.
See college football picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Arkansas State has won 5 out of their last 8 games against Texas State.
- Nov 19, 2022 – Texas State 16 vs. Arkansas State 13
- Nov 27, 2021 – Texas State 24 vs. Arkansas State 22
- Nov 21, 2020 – Texas State 47 vs. Arkansas State 45
- Oct 26, 2019 – Arkansas State 38 vs. Texas State 14
- Nov 24, 2018 – Arkansas State 33 vs. Texas State 7
- Nov 18, 2017 – Arkansas State 30 vs. Texas State 12
- Dec 03, 2016 – Arkansas State 36 vs. Texas State 14
- Dec 05, 2015 – Arkansas State 55 vs. Texas State 17
Injury Report for Arkansas State
- Emmanual Stevenson: Out for the Season (Lower Leg)
Injury Report for Texas State
- Lincoln Pare: Out for the Season (Knee)
- Joey Hobert: probable (Undisclosed)