3rd Quarter Report
Only one more quarter stands between the Lakers and the win they were favored to collect coming into this evening. Sitting on a score of 81-75, they have looked like the better team, but there’s still one more quarter to play.
The Lakers came into the matchup with some extra motivation after the loss they were dealt the last time these two teams faced off. We’ll see if they’re able to flip the script or if it’ll just be more of the same.
1st Quarter Report
The Rockets are on the road but looking no worse for wear. They have jumped out to a quick 28-20 lead against the Lakers.
If the Rockets keep playing like this, they’ll bump their record up to 6-4 in no time. On the other hand, the Lakers will have to make due with a 7-6 record unless they turn things around.
Houston Rockets @ Los Angeles Lakers
Current Records: Houston 6-4, Los Angeles 7-6
How To Watch
- When: Sunday, November 19, 2023 at 9:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Crypto.com Arena — Los Angeles, California
- TV: Space City Home Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Fubo (Try for free) Fubo’s holiday offer just kicked off – For a limited time, new subscribers can save $40 on Fubo’s Pro, Elite, and Premier plans ($20 off the first and second months)
- Ticket Cost: $65.00
What to Know
The Los Angeles Lakers will be playing at home against the Houston Rockets at 9:30 p.m. ET on Sunday at Crypto.com Arena. The timing is sure in the Lakers’ favor as the squad sits on five straight wins at home while the Rockets have not had much luck on the away from home, with three straight road losses.
Winning is just a little bit easier when you work as a team to post ten more assists than your opponent, a fact the Lakers proved on Friday. They came out on top against Portland by a score of 107-95.
The Lakers can attribute much of their success to LeBron James, who scored 35 points along with 9 assists. James continues to roll, besting his previous point total in each of the last four games he’s played.
Meanwhile, Houston was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap on Friday as they fell 106-100 to Los Angeles. The Rockets have not had much luck with the Clippers recently, as the team’s come up short the last seven times they’ve met.
Despite the defeat, the Rockets got a solid performance out of Fred VanVleet, who shot 5-for-9 from downtown and dropped a double-double on 19 points and 10 assists.
Los Angeles is on a roll lately: they’ve won four of their last five matches, which provided a massive bump to their 7-6 record this season. As for Houston, their loss dropped their record down to 6-4.
While only the Lakers took care of their fans the last time they played, both teams pleased bettors by covering the spread. Looking ahead, the Lakers are the favorite in this one, as the experts expect to see them win by 6.5 points. Houston might be worth a quick bet since they’re sitting on a five game streak of covering the spread when playing as the underdog.
The Lakers might still be hurting after the devastating 128-94 loss they got from the Rockets in their previous matchup last Wednesday. Will the Lakers have more luck at home instead of on the road? Come back here after the game to find expert analysis of the match and other NBA content.
Los Angeles is a solid 6.5-point favorite against Houston, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Lakers as a 5.5-point favorite.
The over/under is set at 219 points.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Los Angeles has won 7 out of their last 10 games against Houston.
- Nov 08, 2023 – Houston 128 vs. Los Angeles 94
- Apr 02, 2023 – Los Angeles 134 vs. Houston 109
- Mar 15, 2023 – Houston 114 vs. Los Angeles 110
- Jan 16, 2023 – Los Angeles 140 vs. Houston 132
- Mar 09, 2022 – Houston 139 vs. Los Angeles 130
- Dec 28, 2021 – Los Angeles 132 vs. Houston 123
- Nov 02, 2021 – Los Angeles 119 vs. Houston 117
- Oct 31, 2021 – Los Angeles 95 vs. Houston 85
- May 12, 2021 – Los Angeles 124 vs. Houston 122
- Jan 12, 2021 – Los Angeles 117 vs. Houston 100
Injury Report for the Lakers
- LeBron James: Game-Time Decision (Calf)
- Anthony Davis: Game-Time Decision (Hip)
- Jalen Hood-Schifino: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Jarred Vanderbilt: Out (Heel)
- Gabe Vincent: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for the Rockets
- Victor Oladipo: Out (Knee)
- Amen Thompson: Out (Ankle)